Weston (Bath) Bowls Club was founded in 1930. The land was gifted by a Miss Carr to the Church of England as a resource for the residents of Weston Village with the proviso that it should only be used for leisure activities. The land was subsequently leased to the Bowls Club.
The club has developed greatly since then but did close during the Second World War. Re-opening in 1947, the changing facilities and clubroom were developed and apart from minor upgrades remained the same until the late nineties.
The lease expired in 1994, at which time the Church offered the club the opportunity to purchase the land. The members, via fund raising events, club funds and personal loans, eventually managed to find the money needed to secure the land and save it from building developers and other sports clubs that were also interested in purchasing it.
Since 1994 the Club has further developed as a resource for both men and women with a ladies section being established in 1997.
In early 2000 the club built a new clubhouse, kitchen, disabled toilets and amended the changing rooms.